Monday, May 18, 2015

Life affirment complete

Today our primary destination was one company trip divided into two site visits. The first was Singapore Industrial Park and the second was II-VI which is named after the two columns of periodic elements it turns into compounds. As an engineer it must be pretty cool to see the entire process of producing something from the ground up but I'm not an engineer. The foreign investment concept and seeing how Vietnam was growing through this investment was pretty cool from a business perspective. The factory visit was interesting to see just the contrast from our everyday lives. People doing repetitive things over and over again was dull and very life affirming for me. It made me realize life is tough sometimes and to stop seeing the negatives.

Displaying IMG_0637.JPG

Afterwards we stopped by the most quaint restaurant I've ever seen. Seriously it just looked so peaceful, out of the way, and beautiful I would love to go there again someday. Also the food was really good and different from home so we had that going for us. Mid bite there would be a random rooster call so it also had a country feel I guess. I really wish I took pictures of that place.

Once the official day was done we were able to do our own thing which for some of us was go to the post office. It was a really cool place and centered around the picture of Ho Chi Minh at the end. Too bad it was so hot that day I found it hard to breathe everyone once in a while but that's okay.

Displaying IMG_0640.JPG                       Displaying IMG_0643.JPG

To finish up the day we all went to a Banh Mi place which had some of the cheapest and delicious sandwiches ever. I wish I got more of them in hindsight because the value on those things is ridiculous in business terms. 

Displaying IMG_0649.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment