Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A Night Out in the Town

Feeling a lot better than yesterday it was a lot easier to keep up with the fast paced schedule that is Plus3 Vietnam. However, since I've been bitter for long enough about how sick I am and I feel bad about everyone worrying about me, I'll try not to talk about it anymore.

We stared the day with a history class of Saigon which was followed by break. During said break, I somehow got separated from everyone else and got to meet some really cool students from UEF. Afterwards we had another language class which was hilarious because the students were half the size of a lot of us. I could fit in pretty well with them however and the whole thing turned out to be a really funny experience as Americans tried to master the various basic tones of Vietnamese. We didn't do half bad....I think.

For lunch we ate at the same place as yesterday which still had a majestic view of everything. The food was delicious and we had a great bonding experience.

After a 40 minute bus ride we arrived at the first site visit of Phu My Hung which by itself was a beautiful place. We were greeted by a very snazzy looking presentation room and a fancy presentation where clay models lit up to show construction taking place. Afterwards the host showed us some of the views which were just beautiful and answered any questions we had. It was a very satisfying trip but I felt as if the tour wasn't all that exclusive to the public.

At 7, a lot of UEF students took us into the town with the first place being the "best" place for pho apparently. The noodles and the broth were excellent but the establishment looked a bit worn down. I guess that improved the charm of the pho. Once we were done, Kate, our field trip leader basically, took us to a park square where we got to try the street food of Vietnam.
Displaying IMG_0497.JPG


Finally, after a sightseeing walk back to the hotel everyone but me went a beer market which was apparently wild. I really wish I had but I decided to call it a night then.

Vietnam continues to impress.

No comments:

Post a Comment